How do I donate mileage or a podium to charity?
1. Post a picture and your mileage to facebook.com/impactfuel. We will then donate $0.01/mile to charity.
2. Post a picture and your mileage on Instagram or Twitter and tag/mention @impactfuel. We will then donate $0.01/mile to charity.
3. Purchase an Impact Multiplier t-shirt and incorporate it into your posts. We will then donate $0.05/mile to charity.
4. Post a picture and your podium results (i.e. 1st, 2nd, or 3rd) on facebook.com/impactfuel. We will then donate $5 for 1st, $3 for 2nd, and $1 for 3rd to charity. If it is a championship post, we will donate $10 to charity.
5. Post a picture and your podium results (i.e. 1st, 2nd, or 3rd) on Instagram or Twitter and tag/mention @impactfuel. We will then donate $5 for 1st, $3 for 2nd, and $1 for 3rd to charity. If it is a championship post, we will donate $10 to charity.
Is Impact Fuel a non-profit 501(c)3?
No. Impact Fuel is a for-profit LLC (limited liability company). We donate money to non-profit 501(c)3 charities at the end of each month.
How does this work? Where does the money come from?
Impact Fuel receives advertising fees from sponsors. 50% of those fees go into a bank account that is used to fund the charitable donations. The other 50% is used for operating expenses (i.e. website, phone, podcast, etc). The advertising fee is tax deductible for the sponsor and the charitable donation is tax deductible for Impact Fuel.
At the end of each month, Impact Fuel totals the mileage and makes a payment to the featured charity for that month.
How can I become a sponsor for Impact Fuel?
If you are interested in sponsoring Impact Fuel, check out the sponsor page on the website and send us an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
What is the Sponsored Rider Club?
The Sponsored Rider Club is a Facebook group that provides a forum for riders and racers to share best practices regarding attracting and retaining sponsors. You can request to join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sponsoredriderclub/
Impact Fuel also produces the Sponsored Rider Club Podcast, which is aimed at unlocking the secrets to powersports sponsorship. You can download at sponsoredriderclubpodcast.com or subscribe on iTunes/Google Play Music.
What else should I know?
- Impact Fuel LLC is a registered organization in the state of Michigan.
- Impact Fuel LLC is a family centered business, so no inappropriate comments are allowed.
- Bogus mileage posts will be deleted. If an entire odometer reading is posted, a maximum mileage donation of 500 miles (805 km) will be allotted. Only off-road miles are accepted.
- When you donate multiple podium finishes in one post, specifically from the same event, Impact Fuel LLC will use the highest place to calculate the donation amount. Impact Fuel LLC reserves the right to donate more than the highest place amount based on their discretion.
- Impact Fuel LLC will donate to charity until the pool of sponsor money is depleted. If more miles are donated than sponsor money is available in the sponsor pool, then no additional money will be donated.
- Impact Fuel LLC reserves the right to use discretion based on posts that include 1 person donating on behalf of multiple people. For example, if a person creates a post that donates 50 miles times 10 machines (50 x 10 = 500 miles), Impact Fuel reserves the right to only count 50 miles for the one person that posts.
- By posting pictures or videos on our Facebook page or tagging/mentioning @impactfuel on social media, you agree that Impact Fuel LLC can repost or reuse those picture or videos on other platforms.